Thursday 18 December 2008

Arabia

I'm making a habit of this, I know, but I just wanted to sing Air Arabia's praises again. I've been doing a lot of work in Muscat recently and it just so happens that it suits me just fine to fly AA.

Last night I arrived back and cleared the airport in five minutes from walking off the bus from the plane.

I was punching air. Pleasant flight, no trays dumped on me by harrassed staff trying to get the airline's 'this is worth Dhs 2500' gesture out of the way. A nice, friendly (laughing!) crew, happy sounding captain on the tannoy, on time. Sharjah airport now has an e-gate. Pretty much everything you could want, a short flight that was more like a short bus journey - and I mean that in a good way.

Minimum hassle travel. I'd forgotten it existed...

10 comments:

moryarti said...

I used to do Air Arabia quite alot.. until i moved back to dubai. Had to swap with Al-Jazeera.

In most cases, it takes more time to travel between Dubai from/To Sharjah Airport than the actual flight itself :(

rosh said...

shhhh keep it quiet will ya Alex :) DXB was a well kept secret, and people started "twalkin" - see what's become :)

Hurray hurray to the folks at AA!

rosh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dubai Photo Story said...

I loved AA the only time I flew it. No hassling from some hostess trying desperately to get over with it.

Except the drive to Sharjah airport could kill me.

Anonymous said...

if you can be flexible on flight times, i find the drive to sharjah from umm suqeim isnt too bad.

Jayne said...

Happy Christmas Alex & all the best for 2009

nzm said...

Merry Christmas!

rosh said...

Merry Christmas to you and your near and dear Alex.

Anonymous said...

So I'm not the only one. Friends often tell me that I'm being cheap for flying AA and refuse to believe that it is actually decent. AA is not to be confused with American Airlines (which is horrible, thank you for asking). I do a lot of business in Bahrain and it also suits me just fine.

I also recently flew Jazeera and it too was impressive. More comfy seats than Air Arabia's. Air Arabia's only problem really is that Sharjah airport is.. well, in Sharjah. And Jazeera's only problem is that Dubai Airport is, well, it's Dubai Airport.. excessive walking for no apparent reason.

Glad to hear that Sharjah Airport has e-gate services. Super!

Alexander said...

Thanks for the Xmas wishes, folks!

Yes, AA is a pleasant surprise. And 100 metres of sand is all that divides Mirdif and a five minute drive to Sharjah Airport!!! No waiting, no mucking around, no queues and no crap traffic. It's an oddly simple experience...

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...