Thursday 2 April 2009

Hooters


I have wanted to share this for some considerable time now. It's one of my favourite press clippings ever. It's not just that former Hooters waitress Jodee Berry is suing her employer because she was promised a new Toyota for winning the beer sales contest and was blindfolded and led to the car park where they had put a Toy Yoda.

No, it's the look of cold, vengeful fury on her bilked little face that I love. That and the Yoda in her life...

It still makes me smile when I read it...

UPDATE

Thanks to former Alainite Brn, I can now share this link to the invaluable Snopes, which reports that Jodee settled on the matter for a sum that according to counsel would allow her to go to a Toyota dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

Which is a hoot indeed, no?

4 comments:

Dave said...

Only in America!!

Em said...

lol - and thank god i said i wanted a RAV4, not a Toy-Yoda RAV4 - *shudders to think what she might have gotten instead*

Brn said...

Just to give you the rest of the story, apparently did get her new Toyota in the end.

Alexander said...

That is quite, quite amazing.

I am truly stunned. I thought this story was funny, but now it's been elevated to State Red Hilarious and Bonkers...

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...