Thursday 21 January 2010

Outed

Radio DazeImage by Ian Hayhurst via Flickr

Well, I got outed today. Went onto Dubai Eye Radio's Dubai Today programme to talk about 'cyber-cide' and other online stuff and co-presenter Jessica Swann was lurking, cackling manically as I walked into the studio. That wouldn't normally be a worry, but her partner in crime, Robert 'Wes' Weston was smiling enigmatically. The combination of hooting and oriental inscrutability from a dangerous pair like that would be enough to unnerve anyone, but it had me looking for the door.

Indescision sealed my fate. The 'On Air' light was glowing, rooting me to the seat as Wes hit the button on the desk and Jess rocked with silent, malign glee. And they played this song.

Jess had been sitting on Bondi beach getting her backside burned, listening to this and had a 'eureka' moment, apparently. I can tell you, if I was lying on Bondi beach, this blog would be the last thing on my mind, but there's no account for Aussies...

So yes, it is where the name of this blog came from. And it is an inspiration to be be proud of, too.

Have a nice weekend y'all!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Phillipa said...

Australian women are a mysterious breed

Anonymous said...

Was it REALLY that much of a mystery??!

Keef said...

Er, what Anon said: didn't everyone know that? No hands up who knows where 'Probably Madrid' comes from.

Alexander said...

Pip. You can sing that one.

Keefie, it was never really a 'secret'. But apparently it's not blindingly obvious, either - I've been asked about it a number of times. And it was nice of them to play the tune, no?

Anonymous said...

Those guys are in the 30s right? And it wasn't blindingly obvious? Shame on them!!

Anonymous said...

Aside from the self-regarding tone of this piece, why is the word "fake" necessary? (Please also ask Thom Yorke).

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...