Thursday 7 May 2009

Weird Phish



Everyone’s favourite telco sent me an email. PHISHING WARNING! Hollered the subject line.

Lovely. I opened it. I mean, at least it wasn't a blasted text at midnight...

Phishing emails are them what pretends to be from a bank or someone and that get you to give up personal information so that the evil phishers can steal your identity, children, things and money.

Etisalat will never email links” said the mail in reassuring green as it warned me of the dangers of phishing emails in stentorian, warning tones.

There then followed a series of six pointers for those wishing to improve their internet security.

You guessed it – item six contained... a link.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

nzm said...

Did you click on it? :-)

Alexander said...

It said I should only click on links from trusted sources.

So I didn't feel I could...

Seabee said...

There are actually two links on the Phishing Warning which promises us they would never include links. The one in Item 6 and another at the bottom which they say links to their Security page.

So if Etisalat will never send an e-mail which contains links and this e-mail contains two links...is it from Etislat or is it a phishing trip?

Alexander said...

I was too scared to read on after the first link, Seabee. I closed the email and went to wash my hands as a security precaution...

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...