Friday 22 February 2013

Favourite Things

archive_w_7295
 (Photo credit: Aureusbay)
I had reason to have a quick rummage around in the blog archives recently and was mildly surprised to find myself being entertained by an earlier incarnation of me writing six years ago.

It's funny how much has changed in that time - and at the same time how little. Here are a few of my favourite things from the early days of that archive. I might find a few more one of the days...

Here's one on 'The Deal'. I was going to post about this the other day and had forgotten discussing the topic before. The Deal is what you sign up to when you become an expat in the UAE. So how has The Deal changed?

Not for the first time, I railed at the quality of local journalism in this post. The ill-fated Emirates 24x7 newspaper had embarked on a campaign to 'save the wadi fish' and I was sore amazed...

"The summer is upon us and the relentless tide of infinite-eyed, grinning evil is around the corner." My first post about the little yellow thingy that accompanies Dubai Summer Surprises. It has to be said, the little chap has been a great deal less prevalent than in years passim, but the "relentless tide of infinite-eyed, grinning evil" phrase has rather stayed with me...

This post about our Green Day themed dustbin made me chuckle, I must confess.

But of the early posts here on FPS, this one here contains the real money shot. The advice at the end of it is priceless indeed...



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...