Monday 18 October 2010

When Things Go Right

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man ...Image by cambiodefractal via Flickr
I have been nice about Axa Insurance before. I did think then that I was tempting providence, but it looks like Axa has done a deal with providence and ironed the thing out, because nothing awful went wrong after I posted. Now, after two years, I feel the need to post again. It's wrong of me, I know, to be so delighted, because they have simply done what it says on the box. But in the kingdom of the blind, as we know, the one eyed man is a stitch in time.

Axa's call centre staff call back when they say they're going to. They don't end every call with that tired 'Is there anything else I can do to help you?'. They think. My query yesterday was not only met with a callback, it triggered a call from a member of another team who might be able to fix me up with a discount because he was working on a promotion they're doing on my car (Axa's doing cheapies for new Pajeros at Habtoor in Dubai, folks). The original call centre guy called me back 'just quickly' to check that the other team had, indeed, called me as he had promised.

They send you texts to let you know your policy's up. They renew over the 'phone. They send you the documents. Claims are handled by text and email. They think about stuff and give considered answers rather than blurting the first half-truth or supposition that comes into their heads. They are empowered.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is best practice. It's just a shame that it stands out in such stark relief from the rest of the customer service experiences on offer around here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

EyeOnDubai said...

seconded, 100%. And I hope they're watching, because they deserve all the recognition they can get. As you say, the only shame is that what should be routine is so remarkable.

EoD

Anonymous said...

After 10 years I changed to noor Islamic insurance after AXA increased its premium when the policy came for renewal; the reason for that was I had claimed through them for an accident I had no fault in. (didn’t want to follow up with the other party’s insurance). Anyways, I do agree their service is good.

Reema said...

Interesting, I should definitely check that out. Thank you for sharing the experience :)

From The Dungeons

Book Marketing And McNabb's Theory Of Multitouch

(Photo credit: Wikipedia ) I clearly want to tell the world about A Decent Bomber . This is perfectly natural, it's my latest...